Start: April 24, 2018
End: January 30, 2020
What Is This Study About?
This study aims to better understand the relationship between variations of the APOE gene and metabolism by testing metabolic rate at rest and during a cognitive challenge in healthy adults. Results may help investigators identify new targets for the prevention and treatment of cognitive decline and dementia.
Do I Qualify To Participate in This Study?
- Cognitively normal
- Good health
Must NOT have:
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- Current bleeding disorder
- History of stroke, seizures, Parkinson's disease, head injury with loss of consciousness, or other dementing disorder
- History of alcoholism or drug abuse
- History of schizophrenia or current bipolar disorder or major depression
- Vision or hearing loss that could interfere with cognitive testing
If I Qualify, Who Do I Contact?
Contact study personnel listed either under the general study contact or the location nearest you.
Contact NIA’s Alzheimer’s and related Dementias Education and Referral (ADEAR) Center at 800-438-4380 or email ADEAR.
Where Is This Study Located?
Lead: Lance Johnson
Source: ClinicalTrials.gov ID: NCT03109561