Start: March 2016
End: May 2018
What Is This Study About?
This Phase II clinical trial will evaluate the safety and efficacy of the experimental drug nelotanserin for the treatment of rapid eye movement (REM) sleep behavior disorder in people with dementia with Lewy bodies.
Do I Qualify To Participate in This Study?
- Diagnosis of dementia with Lewy bodies
- Presence of frequent REM sleep behavior episodes
- Mini-Mental State Examination score of 18
Must NOT have:
- Diagnosis of significant psychotic disorder, including but not limited to schizophrenia or bipolar disorder
- REM sleep behavior disorder symptoms are secondary to or better accounted for by another medical condition, psychiatric disorder, or substance abuse
- Current serious and/or unstable cardiovascular, respiratory, thyroid, gastrointestinal, renal, hematologic, or other medical disorder
If I Qualify, Who Do I Contact?
Contact study personnel listed either under the general study contact or the location nearest you.
Who Is the General Study Contact?
For more information about this clinical trial, please contact Axovant Clinical Trials at 919-425-0709.
Contact NIA’s Alzheimer’s and related Dementias Education and Referral (ADEAR) Center at 800-438-4380 or email ADEAR.
Where Is This Study Located?
Lead: Axovant Sciences Ltd.
Source: ClinicalTrials.gov ID: NCT02708186