Start: May 1, 2019
End: February 2023
What Is This Study About?
This observational study will investigate the relationship between brain energetics and risk for Alzheimer's disease in cognitively normal adults and those with mild cognitive impairment (MCI).
Do I Qualify To Participate in This Study?
Participants with Normal Cognition
- Overall excellent health with normal cognition (Clinical Dementia Rating score of 0)
- At least high school-level education
Participants with Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI)
- Clinical Dementia Rating score of 0.5 to 1
- Mini-Mental State Examination score of 20 to 25
- Proficient in English
Must NOT have:
- Any tumor, stroke, or trauma that would result in abnormal radiological findings
- History of bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, intellectual disability, or substance abuse
- Metal implants, claustrophobia, or other conditions that would prevent magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
If I Qualify, Who Do I Contact?
Contact study personnel listed either under the general study contact or the location nearest you.
Contact NIA’s Alzheimer’s and related Dementias Education and Referral (ADEAR) Center at 800-438-4380 or email ADEAR.
Where Is This Study Located?
Lead: NYU Langone Health
Source: ClinicalTrials.gov ID: NCT03999879