Start: March 2014
End: May 5, 2017
What Is This Study About?
This Phase II study will evaluate the efficacy of the experimental drug T-817MA as a possible treatment for people with mild to moderate Alzheimer's disease. Its impact on cognition and daily functioning will be measured by standard tests.
Do I Qualify To Participate in This Study?
- Diagnosis of mild to moderate Alzheimer's disease
- Taking the medication donepezil (Aricept) or rivastigmine transdermal system (Exelon patch); memantine (Namenda) is allowed only when prescribed in combination with donepezil or the rivastigmine transdermal system
- Living in the community
- Study partner or caregiver who has regular contact with participant (at least 10 hours per week) and can accompany his/her to study visits
- Participant and caregiver able to read and understand English
- Female participants must be postmenopausal or surgically sterile
Must NOT have:
- Clinically significant cardiac, hepatic, or renal impairment
- Non-Alzheimer's dementia (for example, vascular dementia, frontotemporal disorder, Lewy body dementia)
- Taking any drug for Alzheimer's disease other than donepezil or the rivastigmine transdermal system, including oral rivastigmine (Exelon) or galantamine (Razadyne)
If I Qualify, Who Do I Contact?
Contact study personnel listed either under the general study contact or the location nearest you.
Contact NIA’s Alzheimer’s and related Dementias Education and Referral (ADEAR) Center at 800-438-4380 or email ADEAR.
Where Is This Study Located?
Lead: Toyama Chemical Co., Ltd.
Alzheimer's Disease Cooperative Study (ADCS)
Source: ClinicalTrials.gov ID: NCT02079909